This consultation closes at 11:59 p.m. on:
July 22, 2022
ALDUS CAPITAL CORP is requesting an extension to October 1, 2022, to upgrade the electronic line leak detection (ELLD) at its site, which was due for upgrade on October 1, 2021.
1944 MERIVALE RD
Site location details
ALDUS CAPITAL CORP
190 COLONNADE RD S
(a) Double-wall underground pressure piping systems that were installed prior to January 1, 2006, and were approved to one of the following standards
- ULC/ORD-C107.4-1992, Ducted Flexible Underground Piping System for Flammable and Combustible Liquids;
- ULC/ORD-C107.7-1993, Glass-Fibre Reinforced Plastic Pipe and Fittings for Flammable and Combustible Liquids; or
- ULC/ORD-C107.19-1992, Secondary Containment of Underground Piping for Flammable and Combustible Liquids
shall be upgraded with Electronic Line Leak Detection (ELLD) within three years of the effective date of this code.
- If the certification for the pipe is undetermined, the piping shall be upgraded in accordance with (a).
- The ELLD shall be programmed to run the 0.76 L/h test every month and the 0.38L/h test annually and it shall shut down the submersible turbine pump when a leak is detected.
Why the Code Could Not be Met
ALDUS CAPITAL CORP has been unable to access the required parts due to material/part shortages and longer lead times.
- The existing system has a mechanical leak detection system. If the pressure in the supply line drops, a popet valve drops restricting product flow.
- SIR (Statistical Inventory Reconciliation) daily dips are reconciled with totalizers. Information is submitted to a third party that uses computer modelling and decades of data history to confirm safe operation.
TSSA assesses that there is likely to be no environmental impact should this variance be granted.
View materials in person
Some supporting materials may not be available online. If this is the case, you can request to view the materials in person.
Get in touch with the office listed below to find out if materials are available.
Connect with us
Sign up for notifications
We will send you email notifications with any updates related to this consultation. You can change your notification preferences anytime by visiting settings in your profile page.Follow this notice