This notice was updated on March 31, 2021 to advise the public that there has been no change to the status of the proposal and it is still being considered. No additional opportunity for comment is being provided for at this time.
March 31, 2021
This consultation was open from:
March 7, 2019
to April 8, 2019
Application has been made by Fowler Construction Company Ltd. to amend the current site plan of the Fleming Quarry (licence no. 3581) in order to integrate the operations with the proposed Fleming Quarry “Extension” application (if approved) located adjacent to and north of the existing quarry.
Site location details
Part Lots 38 and 39, Concession Broken Front, Geographic Township of Rama, Township of Ramara, County of Simcoe.
The site is located approximately 3 kilometers south of the community of Washago on Rama Road.
The site is Aggregate Resources Act (ARA) licence #3581.
Site location map
The location pin reflects the approximate area where environmental activity is taking place.View this location on a map opens link in a new window
Fowler Construction Company Ltd.
1206 Rosewarne Drive
Description of instrument
Application has been made by Fowler Construction Company Ltd. to amend the current site plan of the Fleming Quarry (licence no. 3581) in order to integrate the operations with the proposed Fleming Quarry “Extension” application (if approved) located adjacent to and north of the existing quarry. The Fleming Quarry currently is authorized to operate below the water table.
The following amendments are proposed to the Site Plan:
- lower the final extraction elevation to deepen the quarry to a depth of 181 metres above sea level (masl) from the currently approved 211 masl
- reduce the excavation setback from 15 metres to 0 metres where the existing licence and the proposed “Extension” are directly adjacent to each other
- reduce the excavation setback along the western boundary from 52 metres to 30 metres to enable the relocation of a hydro line
- revise the tonnage condition of 300,000 tonnes annually to be in combination with the proposed “Extension”;
- add technical report recommendations and mitigation measures from the completed studies undertaken for the Fleming Quarry and proposed “Extension” as conditions on the site plan;
- add a condition which allows aggregate from the proposed “Extension” to be shipped to the existing quarry for processing; -
- allow a condition which allows topsoil and subsoil to be shipped between the two sites for rehabilitation purposes;
- add a condition which allows for relief from fencing requirements and setbacks for various activities (e.g. stockpiles, processing equipment) along the common boundary of the existing quarry and proposed “Extension”
- revise the Rehabilitation Plan to:
- permit a vertical face along the west boundary of the site instead of 2:1 side sloping reflect the proposed extraction limit and depth of the Fleming Quarry and show integration with the proposed “Extension” site
- permit construction of noise attenuating berms along the western boundary and the southwest corner of the site that will remain a part of the final rehabilitated landform
- show a wetland in the eastern portion of the site.
Fowler Construction Company Limited operates this site under the authority of licence #3581 under the Aggregate Resources Act.
Application has also been made by Fowler Construction Company Limited to amend the tonnage condition for the Fleming Quarry (licence no. 3581) to be in combination with the proposed Fleming Quarry Extension application (if approved), allowing a maximum of 300,000 tonnes of aggregate to be removed from the two sites combined in any calendar year.
View materials in person
Important notice: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, viewing supporting materials in person is not available at this time.
Please reach out to the Contact listed in this notice to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
300 Water Street
4th Floor, South tower
Connect with us
Sign up for notifications
We will send you email notifications with any updates related to this consultation. You can change your notification preferences anytime by visiting settings in your profile page.Follow this notice