This consultation closes at 11:59 p.m. on:
August 5, 2022
The ministry has accepted the risk assessment prepared for the owner, (Yonge Sixteen Inc.), for the property (9251 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill). The Director is considering issuing a Certificate of Property Use ("CPU") in relation to the property.
9251 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, ON
Site location map
The location pin reflects the approximate area where environmental activity is taking place.View this location on a map opens link in a new window
Yonge Sixteen Inc.
145 Adelaide Street West
A risk assessment was undertaken for this property:
- to establish the risks that the contaminants identified in the risk assessment may pose to future users
- to identify appropriate risk management measures to be implemented to ensure that the property is suitable for the intended use of residential land use as defined by O. Reg. 153/04 (the "Regulation"), as amended, made under the Environmental Protection Act (the "Act")
The ministry has accepted the risk assessment prepared for the owner of the property.
Based on the documents provided to the ministry as part of the risk assessment reports, the reviewers confirmed that the risk assessment has been conducted in accordance with the Act, the Regulation, and the associated guidance documents.
The director provided the proponent with a written notice of the director’s decision to accept the risk assessment relating to the property in accordance with s.168.5 of the Act on March 22, 2022.
The director is considering issuing a Certificate of Property Use ("CPU") in relation to the property. The CPU incorporates the risk management measures proposed in the risk assessment and any additional conditions proposed by the director. A Section 197 Order is included and requires that a certificate be registered on the property title in accordance with section 197 of the Act and that before dealing with the property in any way, a copy of the CPU must be given to any person who will acquire an interest in the property.
The proposed risk management measures include:
- barriers to site soils, including a fill cap or hard cap
- barrier inspection and maintenance program
- a restriction on the construction of wells for potable water supplies
- health and safety plan
- all new buildings require must include a storage garage with minimum ventilation rates
- a soil and groundwater management plan
- a restricting gardens to raised beds
The draft CPU No. #1076-AQ4NEW-1 including the Section 197 Order, is provided as a link under the supporting materials section of this notice.
View materials in person
Some supporting materials may not be available online. If this is the case, you can request to view the materials in person.
Get in touch with the office listed below to find out if materials are available.
Connect with us
Sign up for notifications
We will send you email notifications with any updates related to this consultation. You can change your notification preferences anytime by visiting settings in your profile page.Follow this notice