This consultation was open from:
November 17, 2022
to December 17, 2022
This proposal is for a new Permit to Take Water for Viking Rideau Corporation for construction dewatering purposes. Water will be taken from one pond located in the City of Ottawa, Ontario.
70 Nicholas Street
Site location map
The location pin reflects the approximate area where environmental activity is taking place.View this location on a map opens link in a new window
Viking Rideau Corporation
20 Queen Street West
This proposal is for a Permit to Take Water for construction dewatering purposes. Water will be taken from one pond located in the City of Ottawa, Ontario. Details of the water taking are as follows:
Source name: S1 - Building Excavation
- purpose: dewatering
- maximum rate per minute (litres): 7,000
- maximum number of hours of taking per day: 24
- maximum volume per day (litres): 5,000,000
- maximum number of days of taking per year: 365
- period of taking: January 1 to December 31 for 5 years
There are 3 categories of a Permit to Take Water:
- Category 1: water takings are anticipated to have a lower risk of causing an unacceptable environmental impact/interference
- Category 2: water takings are anticipated to having a higher potential of causing unacceptable environmental impact or interference
- Category 3: water takings are anticipated to have the highest potential of causing unacceptable environmental impactor interference
The proposed water taking qualifies as a Category 3 permit.
View materials in person
Some supporting materials may not be available online. If this is the case, you can request to view the materials in person.
Get in touch with the office listed below to find out if materials are available.
Connect with us
Sign up for notifications
We will send you email notifications with any updates related to this consultation. You can change your notification preferences anytime by visiting settings in your profile page.Follow this notice