I would like to know what…

ERO number


Comment ID


Commenting on behalf of


Comment status

Comment approved More about comment statuses


I would like to know what the Ministry considers "small amount of aggregate", in reference to this proposed change:

"allowing some low-risk activities to occur without a licence if conditions specified in regulation are followed. For example, extraction of small amounts of aggregate if material is for personal use and does not leave the property".

If a specific amount is determined, would this be the maximum amount per calendar year or at any one time? And what safeguards will occur to ensure these "small amounts" are indeed used on-site and not trucked offsite by any means? And, if there is no licence required how will this be reported to the ministry for tracking purposes?

I would like to know what the conditions specified in the regulations will actually be. This proposed change is too vague in my opinion.