This notice is for informational purposes only. There is no requirement to consult on this initiative on the Environmental Registry of Ontario. Learn more about the types of notices on the registry.
Why consultation isn't required
The purpose of this notice is to provide information on consultations regarding potential legislative changes, regulatory changes, policy and other matters as part of More Homes Built Faster: Ontario’s Housing Supply Action Plan: 2022-2023. Further details on the consultations and how to provide feedback can be found in each of the listed postings.
Everyone in Ontario should be able to find a home that is right for them. But too many people are struggling with the rising cost of living and with finding housing that meets their family’s needs.
Ontario’s housing supply crisis is a problem which has been decades in the making. It will take both short-term strategies and long-term commitment from all levels of government, the private sector, and not-for-profits to drive change. Each entity will have to do their part to be part of the solution to this crisis.
Ontario needs more housing, and we need it now. That’s why the Ontario government is taking bold and transformative action to get 1.5 million homes built over the next 10 years.
To support More Homes Built Faster: Ontario’s Housing Supply Action Plan: 2022-2023, the government introduced the More Homes Built Faster Act, 2022, which, if passed, would ensure that cities, towns, and rural communities grow with a mix of ownership and rental housing types that meet the needs of all Ontarians. These visionary changes will place Ontario at the forefront of housing policy in North America.
These changes are providing a solid foundation to address Ontario’s housing supply crisis over the long term and will be supplemented by continued action in the future. We welcome your thoughts on the following changes proposed under Bill 23, the proposedMore Homes Built Faster Act, 2022 and associated regulations:
Environmental Registry of Ontario Postings:
- Proposed Planning Act and City of Toronto Act Changes
- Proposed Planning Act and Development Charges Act Changes
- Proposed Ontario Heritage Act Changes
- Proposed Conservation Authorities Act and Regulatory Changes
- Proposed Natural Hazards Regulatory Changes
- Proposed Inclusionary Zoning Regulatory Changes
- Proposed Changes to Ontario Regulation 299/19: Additional Residential Units
- Proposed Supporting Growth and Housing in York and Durham Regions
Regulatory Registry Postings:
- Proposed Municipal Act and City of Toronto Act Changes
- Proposed Ontario Land Tribunal Act Changes
- Proposed Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act Changes
- Proposed New Home Construction Licensing Act Regulatory Changes
- Proposed Building Code Regulatory Changes
The government is also undertaking a review of various housing and land use policies to identify and remove barriers to getting more homes built. We invite members of the public, municipal partners, and other stakeholders to share your thoughts and ideas on the following:
View materials in person
Some supporting materials may not be available online. If this is the case, you can request to view the materials in person.
Get in touch with the office listed below to find out if materials are available.
Connect with us
Sign up for notifications
We will send you email notifications with any updates related to this consultation. You can change your notification preferences anytime by visiting settings in your profile page.Follow this notice